Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Obsession

QVC. Quality. Value. Convenience. Growing up, I never really understood why women obsessed over QVC. I didn't understand all the hype about it. I remember as a little girl, I would be playing at my aunt's house as she would watch QVC for hours. At the time I didn't understand what was so great about it, and I couldn't fathom watching hours of people showing you these items over the television. Part of my love of shopping has always been about the experience. I love swatching new makeup items at a store, or feeling the burst of excitement when I find a great deal on an item. So I never understood, how any shopping addict could satisfy their shopping needs by seeing items shown to them on the television.
However, I will never forget the glazed over look my aunt would get as she watched the television. She was absolutely mesmerized by the people and items on the TV, as she clutched her telephone in her hand, ready to call in at a minutes notice if she found something she just had to have. And when the mail man arrived at her house every day, it was practically a celebration. The excitement that grew as we anxiously awaited the mailman to see what goodies he would bring that day. But still, although seeing all the packages the mailman brought was really exciting, I just didn't understand the whole television shopping experience.

I didn't understand the experience... until recently.

I'm an avid beauty blog reader, and youtube watcher. One of my favorite Beauty Guru's is "emilynoel83." I absolutley love her videos, and her blog www.beautybroadcast.net. She has amazing videos, and gives great reviews. After watching her videos, I saw a couple of items that I "NEEDED" to have. (I say "needed" because just like every other makeup junkie, I really don't "need" any more makeup.) Unfortunately, the needed items that Emily was raving about were only on QVC. So I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a try.

First up this amazing Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette. Look at this beauty.



These photos do not nearly show the amount of BEAUTY that is in this palette. This is the ultimate palette that should be in every girls beauty arsenal. It's the only thing I take with me when I travel, because it is literally the size of a small clutch and has an unbelievable amount of color options for any look you want. This baby has 56 eye shadows, 4 lip glosses, 3 highlighters, 2 blushes, 8 cream eye liners, 4 brow powders, and a brow wax. This is the ultimate palette. It's still available on QVC's website, and although pricey... it's totally worth the price.

This single purchase from QVC has lead to my unbelievable obsession with watching QVC any chance I get. As I type this post, it's currently on my television. I have added the QVC app on my phone as well. It's unbelievable how addicting this channel. I now understand the glazed over look my Aunt used to get. As I lay in bed, phone clutched in my hand, waiting until midnight for the next item I want to purchase to come on air, it dawns on me... I am officially QVC obsessed.

Until Next time ~ AVC

(PS I am not affiliated in any way, shape or form with QVC. Also, the product mentioned in this post, was paid for my me, with my cash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment