Sunday, March 11, 2012

February 2012 Birchbox

So I've been totally slacking on the blog lately. The month of February was just so busy I felt like I didn't have a moment to breath let alone, sit down and write a blog. So here is my February Birchbox that I never posted about. Since I've had the chance to use my February box I can do a mini-review on these items.

So here's my February Birchbox





February's birchbox was all about changing the way we feel about familiar products.

First item was the BLK DNM Perfume 11 - "New York's hippest denim brand created this spicy perfume. Wear it for a dose of downtown cool." Full size $110

Basically I don't care how "New York Cool" I might be by wearing this product, because it STINKS. It smells absolutely horrible. It's so strong and I am not a fan of strong scents. It's smells more like a man's cologne then a women's. This product is NOT for me.

Next up, Exude Lip Creme in Red No 1- "Buzz Alert: Mega stylist Rachel Zoe swears by this bold lipstick, which has an innovative crystal applicator that dispenses the exact amount of lipstick you need." Full-Size $29

I love that this is a full-size product. I don't love the color I got. The red is just a little too much for me especially with my Auburn hair. The applicator is really cool though. When I first got the product I literally woke up my Mom because I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the lipstick. Then I realized you have to twist it. Apparently, the company also makes lip glosses like these which I might have to check out. I'm more of a lip gloss kind of girl.

Eye Rock Designer Liner - "Stop wrestling with the liquid liner and achieve a perfect cat eye with these single-use stick-on liner strips." @ pack of 4, $13

I was so excited to get these in my box because I am absolutely horrible at making a cat eye look. I just can't do it, so I thought these would be my answer to finally achieving a perfect cat eye. Boy was I wrong. These were really hard to use and just looked like I had a sticker on my eye. I only tried one set, so I''ll have to try the others, but this might be something I'll only use for special holidays... like Halloween.

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover - "Leave the cotton balls and acetone behind. These convenient pads dissolve polish with a natural mix of botanical, plus soothing aloe vera." 18 wipes, $9.99

These wipes were actually just okay. They smelled really strong like oranges, so it made me feel like I was cleaning my nails with some sort of household cleaner. And they left my hands feeling really greasy afterwards, because they have some kind of conditioner in them. I wouldn't spend $9.99 on these at all. E.L.F makes some nail polish remover pads, that are cheaper, work just as well, and don't make you feel like you just dipped your hands in a vat of olive oil.

And my last item was a Nail File - "There's no shame in filing your nails in public with this heart-shaped, neon looker." No price

This nail file is cute , but nothing extravagant. It will probably break at the bottom of my purse within the next few days.

There was also the same Digital Download that C had in her Birchbox, and honestly I just want nothing to do with that.

Overall, my Birchbox this month wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't all that impressive. Although, I can't complain because obviously, I got a full sized item which is worth more than I paid for the whole box. I was just bummed because I saw some people got a Beauty Blender in their box, and I really wanted one. But I'll stop being a brat about that.

I just received my March Birchbox, and I can already tell you that I love what I got, but I think I will wait till the end of the month, so that I can give you a mini-review on everything. I think I like this style of showing off my box better. Or I might upload a video if I have the time. Videos are just a lot of fun for me.

Until next time - A

No comments:

Post a Comment