Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Nails!!

I have never really been into getting my nails done.  Partially because my hands could easily be confused with those of a 13 year old boys.  My nail beds are not pretty looking and I have a habbit of biting them before they even have a chance to grow into something a little more feminine.  When I competed in the Tri-Fitness competition in Nov 2010 I had to get my nails done for the Grace & Physique portion of the event.  I chose a gel manicure so I wouldnt have to worry about having fake nails getting in the way during all the other events.  I liked how it was my natural nails, and that the hardened polish kept me from biting my nails.  So when I heard about Nutra Nail Gel Perfect I had to give it a try.  It is an at home Gel Color technology that sets in just 5 minutes... NO UV light needed. 
You start with the activator on the left, and put it on each of your nails.  (Do 1 hand at a time)  Then you follow up with the gel color (shown out of the box in sheer natural).  After you have colored all your nails you switch the brush from the gel color into the cleaner bottle, and use the cleaner bottle brush to put on your next coat of color.  You use the activator again on top of the first coat, then put on your second coat of color and you're ready to move on to your second hand.

The polish comes out nice and shiny and it protects your nails from beaking.  The gel color activates to form a rock solid shield for your nails.  I am hoping that in a few weeks my nails will be strong and long and maybe with a little TLC they will look more like the nails of the 28 year old that I am!!!

I also got the "flame" color here that you can see in the box.  I will give that a try once my nails are a little nicer looking since it will draw attention more than the sheer natural.  And hopefully I will be a little better at applying nail polish by then too.


Here is the Nurtra Nail No Express remover pads that you use to remove it.  Or, you can pick at it really hard and eventually it comes off :) 
You get a coupon in the Nail box for $1.00 off the remover.


3 comments:

  1. Nice Review!!! I want to check this out. How are you supposed to remove the gel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See above, I updated the blog and added it in. You can try some of mine if you want before you go out and buy it.

    ReplyDelete